Monday, December 10, 2007

From Tom Jennings, New District President

As you all know Amy Gibson the 20th District President had to resign for personal reasons. As of December 6, 2007 I have had the pleasure of being elected as your new 20th District President. I welcome the challenge with the utmost respect for those that I follow and hope to meet all of your and their expectations.

Please remember that I and the other officers of the 20th District are here to help your PTA’s succeed in all of your endeavors so anything you need or questions you have please don’t hesitate to ask. Training for units will be held soon so plan on attending and watch you’re E-mail for updates.

There are four Vice Presidents on the District Board that cover the following geographical areas of our District. For Monterey, Michael Silver, michael-silver@sbcglobal.net. For Santa Cruz, Mary Marasco, marymarasco@yahoo.com. For Salinas, Sherrie Payne, sherripayne@sbcglobal.net. For South Monterey County, Karen Gibbs, kareng1971@yahool.com. Please use your VP as your first point of contact on the District Board.

District General Meetings will be January 17, 2008, and April 17, 2008. Each unit should have at least one representative at each of these meetings. Please add these dates to your calendar now and plan to attend or send a representative from your school’s PTA.

Please feel free to contact me via email (tjenni@sbcglobal.net) or by phone @ 831-241-8128 at anytime for questions or problems that you might have. I make every effort to answer e-mails daily in the evening, and I answer my phone as long as I’m not in a meeting if I don’t answer just leave a message and I will get back to you ASAP.

I look forward to working with all of you and remember you are among the elite citizens in our community that have cared enough to be involved and help when help is needed. Let this serve as a reminder that there can never be any better reward than to know you helped contribute to the education of a child.

Thanks for all you do
Tom Jennings
831-241-8128
tjenni@sbcglobal.net

No comments: