Thursday, September 13, 2007

Welcome from Amy Gibson

Welcome to a New School Year!

My name is Amy Gibson. I am the 20th District President for the 2007-2009 term.

I find myself with one child in his final year of high school and another in her second while I am in my first year as your District President. So much responsibility...whew!

I want to take this opportunity to welcome you all to your new term, as well. For some of you, welcome to PTA!

I look forward to working with you all to make the 20th District the best it can be.

The District General Meetings will be September 20, 2007, January 17, 2008, and April 17, 2008. Each unit should have at least one representative at each of these meetings. Please add these to your calendar now and plan to attend or send a representative from your school’s PTA.

Our first General Meeting on September 20th is at Foothill Elementary School, 1700 Via Casoli, Monterey. We will be finalizing the calendar, goals, training, etc. and we want to hear from you.

There are four Vice Presidents on the District Board that cover the four geographical areas of our District. Please use your VP as your first point of contact on the District Board.

For Monterey, Michael Silver, michael-silver@sbcglobal.net. For Santa Cruz, Mary Marasco, marymarasco@yahoo.com. For Salinas, Sherrie Payne, sherripayne@sbcglobal.net. For South Monterey County, Karen Gibbs, kareng1971@yahool.com.

Please feel free to contact me via email (ladylocksmith3051@sbcglobal.net at any time for questions, problems, etc. that you might have need of. I make every effort to answer emails within a day or two.

Again, welcome to the New School Year! I look forward to meeting you all on September 20th.

No comments: